[Rosegarden-user] Rosegarden - Yoshimi issue
David Tisdell
2017-04-18 12:51:54 UTC
Hi All,

I recently switched over to Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS and added UbuntuStudio.
I am running Rosegarden 15.12 and Yoshimi 1.3.8.2
I have used Rosegarden and ZynAddsubfx/Yoshimi for years and have never run
into this before.
I can go into Yoshimi and set the sounds I want to use but when I hit play
in Rosegarden, it is as if it gets a Midi signal to change sounds and
starts using sounds I did not select. For the moment, what I have been
doing is setting up Yoshimi the way I want and then saving the state. I put
some empty space at the beginning of Rosegarden and after hitting play, I
load the saved state from Yoshimi.
I have experimented with the MIDI setting in Yoshimi, trying to tell it to
ignore change bank messages but to no avail. I have never run into this
before and am not sure if Rosegarden is sending a signal that I don't want
or if it is entirely a yoshimi problem.
Any thoughts on how to prevent this from happening? Loading the saved
state after hitting play works but is cumbersome.
Thanks.

Dave
Ted Felix
2017-04-18 18:10:25 UTC
Post by David Tisdell
I am running Rosegarden 15.12 and Yoshimi 1.3.8.2
I can go into Yoshimi and set the sounds I want to use but when I hit play
in Rosegarden, it is as if it gets a Midi signal to change sounds and
starts using sounds I did not select.
This sounds familiar. About a year ago, Lorenzo Sutton brought up
this issue here on the user list. The conclusion was that he needed to
use a yoshimi.rgd file and let rosegarden do the configuring.

You can read the discussion here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/mailman/rosegarden-user/thread/576B4143.1070207%40tedfelix.com/#msg35177175

Lorenzo's post starts a few screens down. Search the page for
Lorenzo to get there quickly.

You should be able to download the latest yoshimi.rgd file directly here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/rosegarden/data/library/yoshimi.rgd?format=raw

Ted.
David Tisdell
Abrolag
2017-04-18 17:45:38 UTC
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 08:51:54 -0400
Post by David Tisdell
[...]
Are you able to compile the software yourself?
If so both rosegarden and Yoshimi have been *much* changed and improved over
the last 18 months or so.
W J G
David Tisdell
2017-04-19 01:33:13 UTC
I can compile but I am using it in a music classroom and have quite a few
stations I would have to do that for. There is a time issue involved. I
might recompile on my own workstation.